MOT Test Station St Helens, Prestige and Performance Garage Services, St Helens
Once your car is three years old it will be due an MOT Test (Ministry of Transport Test). Failure to have a valid MOT certificate can result in your insurance policy being invalid.
We are approved by the government to carry out MOT Testing on Cars and Light Commercial Vehicles:
- Class 4 Cars (up to 8 passenger seats), Motor caravans, 3 wheeled vehicles, Quads, Dual purpose vehicles, PSV's (up to 8 seats) Goods Vehicles (up to 3000kg DGW)
- Class 5 Private Passenger Vehicles & Ambulances
- Class 7 Goods Vehicles (over 3000kg up to 3500kg DGW)
Don't wait until the day before your MOT certificate expires. You can have your vehicles MOT carried out up to 30 days before your old one expires and have the remaining days added to your new certificate.
MOT Test Certificate Expired?
If you your vehicles MOT certificate has expired then call us with the vehicles details and provided you have valid insurance you will be covered to and from our MOT test stations.
The MOT and you...
The MOT scheme is primarily a road safety measure designed to ensure as far as possible that all cars, motorcycles and light goods vehicles more than 3 years old:
- 1. Are properly maintained
- 2. At least once a year are examined at an authorised MOT test station to make sure that they comply with certain important requirements of the law
Remember - the test certificate relates only to the condition of the testable items at the time of the test and should not be regarded as evidence of their condition at any other time; nor should it be accepted as evidence of the general mechanical condition of the vehicle.
Your Car and The MOT
If you have a car that is more than 3 years old it will need an MOT test each year to ensure that it meets at least the minimum road safety and environmental standards.
The test relates only to the condition of the testable items at the time of the test. It should not be regarded as evidence of the condition of the items tested at any other time nor should it be taken as evidence of the general mechanical condition of the vehicle.
MOT's are undertaken at garages authorised by the Vehicle Inspectorate to carry out the tests. They are easily identifiable by the blue, 3 Triangle MOT Sign.
Prestige and Performance is a authorises MOT Testing Station in St Helens and is fully authorised to carry out MOT's.
What items are examined in the MOT Test?
- Lighting Equipment, Stop Lamps, Reflectors, and Direction Indicators
- Rear Reflectors
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate lamps, rear fog lamps
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices
- Headlamp aim
Steering (including suspension)
- Steering Control
- Steering System
- Power steering Suspension (general)
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and drive shafts
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings
- Shock Absorbers
- Parking brake lever mechanism
- Hand operated brake control valves
- Service brake control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Mechanical brake components
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems
- Brake Performance
- Seat Belts
- Drivers view of the road
- Audible Warning (horn)
- Exhaust System
- Exhaust Emissions (petrol & diesel)
- General condition of vehicle:
- - Vehicle Structure - Body Security
- - Body Condition - Doors
- - Load Security - Spare Wheel and Carrier
- - Seats - Mirrors
- - Fuel System - Registration Plates and VIN details
To Book Your MOT Test Please Call 01744 757 555